Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Found In You (Fixed Trilogy #2)


FOUND IN YOU BY: LAURELIN PAIGE


But but but... It started out so good...

After reading Fixed in You (book #1 in the Fixed trilogy) and loving it, I was hooked. I wanted to know what happens with Hudson and Alayna. Two tortured souls with similar pasts. Manipulation, deceiving, lies.. they all added to the oomph that was Alayna and Hudson.

Found in You did not disappoint, don't take me the wrong way. It's just that it didn't live up to my expectations, which I know isn't right to judge a book by.

But my first complaint, which was HUGE was the SEX. I love SMUT. I adore it. I love it. I can't really read a book without it. Yes, I'm guilty. But, there's a point where it is too much and I think that line was definitely crossed in this book. There is such a thing as too much. Unfortunately. I don't like it when two characters have issues in a book, yet always resort to having sex to overcome said issues. No. Just, no. Sex isn't going to solve all your issues. TALK. Communicate with one another and lay everything on the line. There was so much that could have been solved just by talking. If they literally just sat and were like "So hey.. We said we're gonna be honest with one another.. These are my cards." everything would have been great! But no, it was more like "Hey, I know there's something you're not telling me. Why? -- Proceed with makeout session that leads to steamy sex". That irked me so much and is the reason I had to drop it 1.5 stars.

"'I don't want this, Hudson. I don't want it!' I turned to run away. Where, I didn't know. Just away from him and the terrible situation he was putting me in. But, I'd only made it a few steps when he came after me, his arms circling around my waist from behind...  'No. I'll never let you go.' He must not have meant physically, because he did let me go. He threw me on the couch and began undoing his pants."

Me:



Also, Hudson wasn't able to say the word "love" throughout the entire book. Not once. Which I understand. But I think at some point in this book he should've been able to tell Alayna rather than show her. And you could tell that Alayna was wanting it, the entire time.

Celia Warren: GET OVER YOURSELF. Seriously, like now.



I knew Celia wasn't genuine. I could feel it in my bones! From the beginning, I was always saying she is so full of s**t and hey, I was right. I really just wanted to punch her in the face.

But to be honest, most of the Celia problems would be solved if Hudson and Alayna just talked to each other!

The whole scenario with Jack though completely threw me off, so not expecting that plot twist at all. Two thumbs up for that one! And trust me, a jealous alpha male = completely swoonworthy. But I still think that Hudson should have told Alayna about it, even if it wasn't "his secret to tell". Relationships only work when both parties are honest with one another.

And Sophia?
That woman needs help.
Hey Sophia, YOU NEED HELP.


Overall though, I can't say I didn't enjoy reading it. I did. And I will probably read the next, (and last) one in the trilogy. There were just kinks and some plot choices could've been made to better the book.



The writing was very easy to get through, no complaints there!

I still love you Hudson




"There's a funny thing about 20/20 hindsight."
And just cause I thought the gif below was hilarious!


No comments:

Post a Comment