Saturday, January 11, 2014

Craving Constellations (thoughts && such)


Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn

  
I love, love love love, MC books. I don't know if it's because I prefer the bad boys, or the thrill of being behind a motorcycle.. but MC books are my number 1 right now. So when someone tells me about one or I find one, I automatically jump on it. And Craving Constellations was no exception.

This book was a bit different than other New Adult, Erotic books I've read, which is the case with most MC books because being in an MC is truly a way of life, as I have recently understood. They have their own laws, rules, games, everything.. It's its own world. Therefore most MC books are real and raw and it shows you all the nitty gritty stuff about the MC world.

Brenna was born into the MC life. Her dad's, Poet, the VP of the Aces motorcycle club in a town in Oregon and her godfather is the president. Thus, she's set for that life. At a young age, she realizes that she doesn't want that life; the whores all around, men cheating on their wives, the dominance, the men being gone for long periods and being involved in sketchy business that can put them behind bars. She doesn't want a man with tattoos and an overbearing attitude. She wants the white picket fence, the man in the suit. She goes to college and meets Tony and they hit it off. He's the suit wearing type that she's been searching for. However, during break, she comes back home to the MC and spends a night with Dragon.. obviously Dragon doesn't know what he's gotten himself into, but then Brenna leaves the next morning without even a goodbye and he thinks what Poet doesn't know won't kill him.

All is well for 5 years.. 

Not. Brenna's husband is beating her to a pulp and her daughter, Trix, is a witness to all of it. She's turned into a shell of herself.. they both have. Thus, when she can't take anymore, she goes back to the Club that raised her and all hell breaks loose..

Trix looks just like Dragon. Any questions who the father is?

I really enjoyed the writing in this book. And I liked that it doesn't build up from when they lived with Tony, Brenna's husband, but when they're already running away from him. The drama starts right from the beginning and we know everything about the past in the first chapter! It's intriguing and I always was curious as to what would happen. However, I didn't think it was right for Brenna to keep Dragon away from his child. She didn't even tell him that he had a kid.. And the thing is.. He didn't do anything wrong. She had absolutely no reason to not tell him about Trix. So yes, the fact that he hit her was wrong (as I've read in many reviews), but at the same time, she truly hurt him also. Also, you could tell that Dragon was really sorry about hurting Brenna and he always was so adoring and caring towards her. I also don't understand why Brenna couldn't have gone home sooner.. Why wait 5 WHOLE YEARS?! That makes no sense to me.. none whatsoever.

Altogether, I really enjoyed readying this book. Would I read it again? Probably not. Do I regret reading it? Definitely not!
I recommend it for anyone who likes raw, real, MC books because it does touch your heartstrings at some points and I actually was teary-eyed when Dragon was learning about his child.

I rated the book 3.5/5, but who knows, you may love it more than me! To each their own....

My casting:

Brenna



Dragon



(Bella)Trix


No comments:

Post a Comment